What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media and differs from traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time
Why Digital Marketing Is Important
Digital media is so pervasive that consumers have access to information any time and any place they want it. Gone are the days when the messages people got about your products or services came from you and consisted of only what you wanted them to know. Digital media is an ever-growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction, and consumers are now exposed not just to what your company says about your brand, but what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying as well. And they are more likely to believe them than you. People want brands they can trust, companies that know them, communications that are personalized and relevant, and offers tailored to their needs and preferences.
Insights into Digital marketing training courses
You can become a digital marketing expert without the need for courses and training programs. However you could feel that going through a proper digital marketing course or training program is better for you, you are right. A good training program will give you learning structure, mentorship and the opportunity to network with like-minded people.
Overview to digital marketing courses
The following courses are a most to know if you want to become an expert in the world of digital marketing:
- Introduction to marketing: This is an introductory course to digital marketing where you learn the following topic (i) concept of digital marketing (ii) Traditional v. Digital Marketing (iii) The Opportunity of Digital Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Search Engine Optimizationis a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) — including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. Topics to know in SEO are as follows: (i) keywords research and selection (ii) content update and layout (iii) SEO site map (iv) SEO webmaster tools (v) inbound and outbound links (vi) ranking (vii) analysis and review etc
- E-mail marketing: Email marketingis a type of direct digital marketing that uses electronic mail (email) as the marketing communication delivery method. Email marketingis a way to reach consumers directly via electronic mail. Things to learn under e-marketing are (i) Key Email Marketing Concepts (ii) Email Structure (iii) Email Delivery (iv) Email Systems (v) Scheduling (vi) Email Design (vii) Measurement (viii) Key Terms & Metrics (ix) Email Cop
- Social Media marketing: Social media marketingis the use ofsocial media platforms and websites to promote a product or service. Most of these social media platforms have their own built-in data analytics tools, which enable companies to track the progress, success, and engagement of ad campaigns. Training to consider in social media marketing are as follows: (a)Social Media Goals (b) LinkedIn (c) LinkedIn Company Page(d) Facebook Set Up (f) Facebook Business Page (g) Twitter Set Up (h) Twitter Profile (i) Twitter Engagement (k) LinkedIn Set Up (l) LinkedIn Profile (m) Facebook Advertising (n) Page Insights (o) LinkedIn Advertising (p) Promoted Tweets (q) Promoted Twitter Accounts (r ) KPI Measures (s) Analytics (t) Reporting (u) Goals & Targeting.
- Strategy and Planning: Strategic market planningis a documented process of how businesses concepts can best compete in themarket. Under strategy and planning the following concepts must be learnt: (i) Key Strategy & Planning Concepts (ii) First Steps (iii) Setting Objectives (iv) Situation Analysis (v) Target Audience (vi) Information Gathering (vii) Planning (viii) Action Plan (ix) Setting the Budget (x) Measurement